Oh my goodness! You have become the blogging king! ;) Sweet.
Just a couple notes: it's ok to sort thru your emotions with your previous relationship. Don't feel like you have to "put it behind you." The whole thing is a big deal....it was a big part of your life....and it's ok to take some time to sort thru things. Don't let society or your "manly" ideals tell you that you can't cry or feel. You loved her, and probably still do in some sense, and that's ok. You don't have to be macho or emotionless. Working thru it will be a lot harder if you don't allow yourself to do just that right now: work thru it. I know it must hurt, and it's natural to try to shove it aside and say "I don't really care" because it hurts. I don't know if this is helping, but I guess I just wanted to let you know that it's ok....it's ok.
And religion isn't something your parents have to instill in you. It's a choice you make on your own. Sounds to me like you are at a place of searching, which is cool. You know that you believe in God but don't really know where to go from there. Keep searching. :)
And finally, I'm sorry you had to read my blog....I know there's a lot of weird, crappy things in it. But even if I am a Christian, I am not perfect. I struggle. I cry. But I also laugh and find joy in life. So maybe it's good that you can read and see that. I don't know. But there was a lot of stuff in writing over the last couple years. If you have any questions, I am usually pretty open about things, so feel free to ask.
OK, I think that's it. Hope you are having a great weekend!!! ttyl
1 Comments:
Oh my goodness! You have become the blogging king! ;) Sweet.
Just a couple notes: it's ok to sort thru your emotions with your previous relationship. Don't feel like you have to "put it behind you." The whole thing is a big deal....it was a big part of your life....and it's ok to take some time to sort thru things. Don't let society or your "manly" ideals tell you that you can't cry or feel. You loved her, and probably still do in some sense, and that's ok. You don't have to be macho or emotionless. Working thru it will be a lot harder if you don't allow yourself to do just that right now: work thru it. I know it must hurt, and it's natural to try to shove it aside and say "I don't really care" because it hurts. I don't know if this is helping, but I guess I just wanted to let you know that it's ok....it's ok.
And religion isn't something your parents have to instill in you. It's a choice you make on your own. Sounds to me like you are at a place of searching, which is cool. You know that you believe in God but don't really know where to go from there. Keep searching. :)
And finally, I'm sorry you had to read my blog....I know there's a lot of weird, crappy things in it. But even if I am a Christian, I am not perfect. I struggle. I cry. But I also laugh and find joy in life. So maybe it's good that you can read and see that. I don't know. But there was a lot of stuff in writing over the last couple years. If you have any questions, I am usually pretty open about things, so feel free to ask.
OK, I think that's it. Hope you are having a great weekend!!! ttyl
Post a Comment
<< Home